• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DBC514BLS Danby Silhouette Beverage Center Somewhat Cooling

regerror6

Premium Member
Model Number
DBC514BLS
Brand
Danby
Hi,

I have a Danby Silhouette Beverage Center (DBC514BLS), and recently, the unit started misbehaving. It is still cooling, but not to the degree it was before (pun intended). Also, the digital display for the thermometer and desired temperature is scrambled/missing bars (image attached). From what I can tell, the compressor, fans are running, unit is clean, and unplugging did nothing.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot? My initial thought is a leak, but I do not have much experience with these types of repairs. If there is a good instructional video, that would be awesome.

Thanks everyone!
Kyle

unnamed.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

regerror6

Premium Member
Quick update. The appliance does not seem to be cooling. I put a thermometer in, and it is pretty much room temp. I think the cooling sensation I had earlier may have been from the fan.

The compressor is running and the interior/exhaust is blowing. I know leaks are not uncommon in these units, but the scrambled temperature numbers make me think it is something else. Is that symptomatic of a different issue? Note that both sets of numbers are affected by the issue. This unit only goes down to 39 degrees, so the "34" in the picture is really 39.

regerror6

Premium Member
I thought that might be the case with the display issue. This is probably a dumb question, but would a bad control board also cause the temperature issue? I wasn't sure if a single component would affect both or if the display issue is causing it to not cool.

@rickgburton indicated in a separate conversation this was likely causing both issues.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree with Rick 110% that its causing both problems.

Jake

regerror6

Premium Member
Thanks guys! I will give that a shot and let you know the outcome. Do you know if there is a big difference between the board you linked or this one from Danby Appliance Parts?

danbyapplianceparts.com/product/control-board-9/

Also, do you if anyone has published a video on this replacement? I wasn't sure if all of the components were found in the display case or in the box next to the compressor (or both).