• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DBVH512EF4WW GE Dryer stops during cycle

msavory

Premium Member
Model Number
DBVH512EF4WW
Brand
GE
I have an electric GE dryer (DBVH512EF4WW) that stops before the cycle is done. The display remains on, continues to say "drying," and the timer continues to count down. If I press "Start" I hear a click sound, but it won't start. If I leave it alone, it will start on its own after ten minutes or so, but may shut off again a while later.

I took it apart and cleaned the lint out of every inch of it, including the duct to the outside. I removed the safety thermostat and it tested positively for continuity. I ran the error code test (02) and it showed no errors.

Any suggestions for what I should try next? Thanks!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
msavory said:
GE dryer stops before the cycle is done. ... If I press "Start" I hear a click sound, but it won't start. If I leave it alone, it will start on its own after ten minutes or so,
The motor can overheat and cut out on its overload protector as a safety precaution. In such a case it can often be restarted after a period of time once the motor had a chance to cool again but it wouldn't normally restart on its own.

There was a previous post regarding a model using the same control as your model uses, and their problem was the electronic control. Theirs had a malfunctioning relay on the electronic control.

Previous Forum Post > GE Adora gas dryer DHDVH52GF1WW shuts off but restarts after hitting top.

*Edited

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi all,

Dan O. Its the control power board that's causing this problem.

If you can't locate it, here it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wriLE-OV8MthjrgGT_0nTnB3x_g-7dld, Page 43.

Here's the control(power) board for this model:
WE4M488 Main Pwr Board Asm

This happened to a couple other GE models too:

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Thanks. I was worried about the multiple numbers for the other one. No need to now.

Thanks for the manual link too.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help!

@msavory Let us know how it goes, if you decide to fix it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake