DBVH520EJ2WW sometimes works, mostly not

atlbronco

Premium Member
Model
DBVH520EJ2WW
Brand
GE
The last couple months our GE dryer has been giving us fits. On occasion it will dry, most other times it will shut down after a few minutes. Sometimes it won't start at all, but if I put it on delayed start it might start and dry, or start and shut down after a few moments. It keeps giving a "clean filter" message, which I do. I even have the deep cleaning brush and have used that (along with the vacuum) I've made sure the vent was clear, and even pulled the dryer out from the wall so it has an even smoother flow.

Codes I have been able to pull

e60 (We have been having problems with the door where it won't click shut. As long as we've had it it's happened on occasion. We'd just prop a chair against it.)

e00

e01 (it's now stuck there. I'm just waiting the half hour before it exits test mode.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Unplug the dryer, then check your main control board, that has been a problem on this model for this issue your having. Another member had this same problem.

Look here at his post #14: FIXED: GE DCVH515EF0WW stop and starting issues/page2

HE SAID--->I thought I would check the mainboard for loose anything. I discovered a loose part on the board. The slightest touch made the difference. It is large black plastic part 1 of 3 on the board.

Your model uses the exact same main control board as his:
WE4M488 Main Pwr Board Asm

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, keep us posted!

Jake

atlbronco

Premium Member
Tried that, unfortunately no go. I checked to make sure everything was snug and it all checked out. The dryer is still firmly on E01. Not sure if I want to start throwing parts at it or just replace.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'd say just buy a new dryer, since the door latch is broke too.

Now is the best time to buy a new dryer, all the appliance stores are having their annual Memorial Day sales right now.

We recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana.

Jake