• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DCR054BL Danby Refrigerator temp control

Hoheit

Premium Member
Model Number
DCR054BL
Brand
Danby
Danby DCR054BL suddenly developing freezing temperatures in the refrigerator area. After defrosting, same results regardless of temperature setting. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Hi,

Does the freezer area completely frost over?
Has the temp thermostat bulb/probe come off of the freezer coil or is it still tightly attached?
If all above are ok, likely new temp/cold control time.

LINK> Temp Thermostat

jeff sr.

Thanks Jeff sr. for the response.
It is a dorm room refrigerator and with Christmas it took a back seat. I have the item here at home and looked for a thermostat but can't find it. The only thing I find is a temperature control with a red button in the middle. Pushing the button makes no difference. Turning the temperature dial does nothing...still freezing in the bottom area.

@jeff1 may be under the weather, he hasn't been here since last Monday, Maybe @Dan O. knows.

I have looked for a thermostat but can't find it. The only thing I find is a temperature control with a red button in the middle.

The temperature control (aka 'cold control') IS the thermostat. It is behind the knob to set the temperature. Jeff linked to the one for your model in his reply to you.

Pushing the button makes no difference.

That is the defrost button. It will shut off the cooling until it is fully defrosted. Once it is defrosted, cooling should start again automatically ... if the thermostat is not malfunctioning.

Dan O>

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.
Back