• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DCVH680GJ2WW GE Front Loader Dryer - Can’t get door back on

BL426

Model Number
DCVH680GJ2WW
Brand
GE
Hey folks:

I have a front loaded GE gas dryer that recently had trouble staying warm and thanks to this forum, I replaced the gas coil and main valve coils. As I consider myself fairly useless in the repair department, I felt very proud that I was able to tackle this without calling a repairman (even if it took me an embarrassingly long time to get the dryer belt back on the pulley when re-assembling).

When I had this taken apart, I noticed the dryer felt seal was a little ratty and after a little research, I noticed this can also be a source of too-long dry times so I ordered a new one and put it on this morning.

I am having an absolute nightmare putting the dryer door back on and I can’t figure out where I’m going wrong, especially since I did this once already. I can’t tell if the dryer drum has come out a little bit because I can’t get the door anywhere near flush to the cabinet walls in order to screw them back in. I attached a couple relevant (I hope) pictures that may help. The first two show the door on as far as I can get it (without being screwed in) with considerable space left and the last few show the drums location in relation to the cabinet.

I want my father-in-law to think good things about me and don’t want to call him over to bail me out once again. Thanks for any help you can give!

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your drum isn't all the way back in place over the rear bearing properly.

Watch this video below, he shows you how to put it back in place properly:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake