• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DDT595SMJ2ES GE Adora Dishwasher leak at door

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsegrin

Premium Member
Model Number
DDT595SMJ2ES
Brand
GE
Can you believe I am back again? I said last time "no more" but I cant afford to buy a new washer, have to try to fix this again. Summary:

GE Adora dishwasher, model DDT595SMJ2ES. It has begun to leak water, which I have traced to the door itself. I replaced the tub seal as insurance, but water collects nonetheless. I pulled the door today, and broke it down. By the looks of the water stains, the steam vent is collecting water and its leaking down the interior of the door. The seal around the vent is also new- did it with the tub seal. I pulled the steam motor, and there is no/0 continuity at that little DC motor. I am guessing that since the steam doesnt vent, it just collects there and eventually leaks from the fitting down the interior of the door. I am ordering a new motor as we speak, but I'm really hoping someone has seen this situation before?

rsegrin

Premium Member
I should add that I have run the washer many times with some small plastic pans at the edges of the door to catch water. I do not see any water buildup during the wash, but it seems that when it hits the dry cycle thats when the leak starts. Not a flooding leak, but 4-5 tablespoons worth.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I pulled the steam motor, and there is no/0 continuity at that little DC motor. I am guessing that since the steam doesnt vent, it just collects there and eventually leaks from the fitting down the interior of the door. I am ordering a new motor as we speak
I agree, that is likely the problem of the leak.

Here's the vent fan motor for your model:

Jake

rsegrin

Premium Member
So- I ordered the fan yesterday, and I cant say enough about those folks; Fedex delivered today!! Its all back together and running as we speak. Anxiously waiting and watching the drip pans, more to follow!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, lets hope that takes care of this leak issue. fingers crossed. 🤞

Jake

rsegrin

Premium Member
Happy to say that at wash #4, there are no drips/leaks or puddles at the door. Really hope I can get a good summers use out of this thing without more issues! Thanks for the help!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that!

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.