• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DDT595SSJ0SS GE Dishwasher Blinks and Beeps 3 Times and Won’t Start

Egrods

Premium Member
Model Number
DDT595SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
I’ve read other posts about this issue. Since the dishwasher is top loading I can’t figure out how run the test of different parts... any help is very appreciated.

Added correct model number

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
There's a number missing after the J but here's the thing, I looked at 0, 2, and 4 and neither one is a top load dishwasher.

Egrods

Premium Member
There's a number missing after the J but here's the thing, I looked at 0, 2, and 4 and neither one is a top load dishwasher.

Hi — I specified incorrectly. The dishwasher is not top loading, rather the buttons are on the top of the door.

Because of this, I don’t know how to run the door latch check or other tests because I cannot push buttons when the door is closed.

I don’t have the model number (the dishwasher was in the house when we purchased it), but it is a GE model similar to the one that I posted initially.

rickgburton

Staff member
Press and hold the Cycle Select and Start buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. Then close the door.

Remove the lower panel and check if the service LED is on or on and blinking a pattern. You'll also find your tech sheet there. Can you post a copy of the tech sheet here?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don’t have the model number (the dishwasher was in the house when we purchased it)
The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.:)

Jake

Egrods

Premium Member
Press and hold the Cycle Select and Start buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. Then close the door.

Remove the lower panel and check if the service LED is on or on and blinking a pattern. You'll also find your tech sheet there. Can you post a copy of the tech sheet here?

The service LED light is off. Unfortunately the site is giving me trouble uploading pictures.... I can email them?

rickgburton

Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The machine control board has to be the OEM one that Rick linked you to above or it will NOT work in your machine properly.:)

Jake

Egrods

Premium Member
You can just drag and drop the pics onto your post.

I get an error message saying that the images cannot load. Maybe because I’m using an iPhone to post???

Anyway, I just got the part. Going to install this morning. I’ll let your know how it goes

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This is new forum software we are using now, images can be uploaded from android and iphone now.

If you are having trouble uploading photos start a new thread in this forum so we can look into that problem:

Jake

Egrods

Premium Member
I hope all goes well! Keep us posted.

Okay, so this is a bit embarrassing. After turning off the circuit breaker, I went to take out the control panel and noticed that one of the inputs (the one furthest to the left) wasn’t fully clicked in. I took it out and reattached it properly. I then turned back on the breaker and the service LED began blinking. I put everything back and ran a cycle. It now works perfectly!

I just returned the control panel.

Thanks for your help guys.

rickgburton

Staff member
I'll take embarrassing over expensive anytime...lol Glad to hear you got it working.

JeffSchanhals

Premium Member
Hello.. I have the exact same issue.. DDT595SSJ0SS GE Adora, When press start I get three beeps, and it will not start. I have tried flipping the breaker off, waiting, resetting it. pressing Start and cycle together, I have replaced the door switch/latch assembly, all wires are hooked up, and I can access the control board where the LED is blinking slowly regularly, but if I press start and it beeps three times the LED blinks twice and then a pause.. I've read through the other posts but don't see what the blinking LED light means when it does blink any help would be appreciated.

rickgburton

Staff member
Remove power to the machine and access the main control board.
GE control 2.jpg

Restore power to the machine and check the service LED. It it still flashing two times or has it changed? Is it off or on?
D-GE control board status led.jpg

JeffSchanhals

Premium Member
thank you for the reply, I downloaded a service manual, found what the flashing and the sequence times were, did a Consumer Error 815 code.. twice.. once with the door open, once with the door closed.. on a whim (because I really didn't know what i did) I pressed start and it runs.. I guess it needed a new switch but still had an error code of the old switch who knows.. and maybe what I did cleared the codes like an OBD reader on a car.. assuming I guess.

JeffSchanhals

Premium Member
well, it's not working again.. stopped at 33 minutes left with the flashing lights and 3 beeps.. I entered the consumer error 815 and the lights flash like it shows the door open, but it's not.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick must of accidentally must your post reply.

Its the machine control board that's bad, and causing this problem.

Here's the machine control board for your model you can order:

Jake