• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DDT595SSJ0SS GE Dishwasher power issue ...

G H

Premium Member
Model Number
DDT595SSJ0SS
Brand
GE

Like the affliction faced by millions of other Americans, my GE dishwasher has no lights and will not operate. (The D/W came with a house purchased 6 months ago)

If I remove the toe kick panel, unplug the connector to the UI board, fiddle with some wires, and most importantly drop the tray supporting the main control board to make the diagnosis LED visible, it miraculously works for a few weeks, (albeit with the familiar random beeps throughout the day).

Full power to power supply.
13.9 v to bottom of connector to door UI
The green LED on the main control board flashes one beat per second. (Except during wash cycles where it appears to have a 3 flash cadence)

The issue is that I have read conflicting information here on whether the LED flashing points to a bad UI board (as I suspect) or a bad main control board (as I seem to have read recently). Can the experts weigh in on what that diagnostic really means, or point me to the diagnostic sheet? I have not ever taken the door apart to reveal the UI itself.

Thanks

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The green LED on the main control board flashes one beat per second. (Except during wash cycles where it appears to have a 3 flash cadence)

This is from its mini manual # 31-30792

Blink PatternMeaning
1x per 3 secondsUnit is not running a cycle. Select a cycle and press Start.
2x per 3 secondsUnit is in delay start and is waiting to start a cycle. The cycle will begin once the delay expires.
3x per 3 secondsUnit is in the process of running a cycle.
4x per 3 secondsUnit is paused. Close the door and press the start key to resume the cycle.
5x per 3 secondsUnit has completed a cycle mode. Clean light on.
Flashing (1x per second)Communications lost between control boards. Check connections, replace UI board if necessary
Flashing rapidly (4x persecond) or steady onSoftware error. Replace machine control board.

This link is pertinent to this message. It was supplied by this message author.

LINK > GE DDT595SSJ0SS User Interface Control Board WD21X23461

Dan O.

G H

Premium Member
Hi Dan. Thanks for the info! It conflicts with the info that I found in the Technical Service Guide, which is why I was seeking clarification:

1x per second​
Communications lost between control boards. Check connections, replace UI or MC
as needed.

As you can see above, this implies it could be the UI or Main boards. Regardless, all signs point to UI so that is what I will try first ...

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Which Technical Service Guide? The one in the machine? If so, go by it. It will have the most up to date info for that machine.

I got my details from the mini manual called for on that machine # 31-30792 which I linked to above. The copy in your machine might have been updated?

Let us know how you make out.

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Thanks. I'd still go with whatever is listed in the unit's actual tech sheet. (There's a copy in the dishwasher). It will have the most up to date info for that particular machine.

It is a good thing the UI is listed as a possibility in both. 🤞

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.