DDT595SSJ0SS Wont Drain

RBurks

Premium Member
Model
DDT595SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
I washed our dishes over the weekend and noticed when I went to unload the dishes that there was a bunch of water in the bottom still. The load I did had some grease in it which could have clogged something up. I don't know where to start troubleshooting. If I remove the flood float it will drain if I push down on the white tab on what I would assume is the sump pump. I wanted to avoid removing the entire unit and taking things apart.

Any suggestions on what to check or what to clean or how to test if the sump is working properly?

Thank you,

RYan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Ryan,

If your dishwasher is Less than 1 year old, contact GE to come out for free under warranty: 1-800-432-2737 to fix it for you, you don't want to fix it under warranty or GE can void your warranty.

Jake

RBurks

Premium Member
the serial number is scratched off. I think it was a remanufactured unit which I would assume isn't under a warranty. I didn't buy the unit. It was brand new in place when we bought the house.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7

The drain pump section starts at page 65 check all those parts it illustrates to see if you have a grease clog. I'd also check the fine filter and coarse filter on page 56 for a grease clog.

Let us know what you find.

Jake