DDW1801MWP Danby Portable dishwasher leaking

z-vap

Premium Member
Model Number
DDW1801MWP
Brand
I bought my sons a portable dishwasher from home depot, model DDW1801MWP, as there is no way for the kitchen to have a regular dishwasher. Recently it started leaking and I am guessing its the sump, but i have not done an analysis yet.

I cannot find this model number anywhere, but I'm wondering if the parts from one of the other models I keep finding would be a match:

DDW1802W
DDW1805W
DDW1805W-1
DDW1809W

(i assume W is for white)

Would anyone know? Thanks

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Diagnose it first

I'm wondering if the parts from one of the other models would be a match:
I don't know. If you need parts and can't find a parts list for that exact model contact Danby and ask for the proper part number. You can then try to source it elsewhere if necessary.

The first step is usually isolating the actual cause. Then you can go from there.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

z-vap

Premium Member
Ddw1899wp-1

I had one of the boys read off the model number. DDW1899WP-1. The sump is listed here for DDW1899WP, but "not available".

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Is the "sump" defective?

The sump is listed here for DDW1899WP, but "not available".
Is that the part that is causing the leak??

One of the pumps might be more likely to be responsible for leaks. Both of those look to be available although leaks could come from seals or hoses etc. too.

LINK > Danby DDW1899WP Pumps (pictures)

LINK > DDW1899WP Drain Pump
LINK > DDW1899WP Circulation Pump

Someone will need to actually investigate to isolate the cause, then look into what is neded to correct it.

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

z-vap

Premium Member
OK I took the bottom off and then ran it for a minute. As soon as it attempted to use water it immediately started dripping from here:
IMG_20180107_160626688_HDR.jpg

It looks like its attached to a heavy motor/magnet which is also screwed into the back wall (Which conveniently enough the screws are blocked by a large piece of cement). I am guessing this is the circulation pump?

The wires you see there are from the drain pump. I removed that to check it for debris. It was clear; when I put the screws for it back on, the screws seemed to not want to cinch tight.

Last edited: