• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DDW1899WP Danby Portable not finishing cycle or draining

wolfemanor

Premium Member
Model Number
DDW1899WP
Brand
I have a portable dishwasher that frequently stops mid cycle (with a lot of beeps) and leaves standing water in the bottom. I read through threads with similar issues and found someone suggesting to turn it upside down for a minute. doing that got me one good cycle, then the next, same problem. We went 8 years with small kids with no dishwasher, but i can't for the life of me remember how. i'd like to avoid flipping the darn thing over each time. Any help is appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

wolfemanor

Premium Member
thanks Jake, i read over that thread before posting. i guess i'm unclear what David Evans means here:

Hi that's what I thought but didn't know for sure, anyway I fiddled with the latch on the dispenser (without taking it apart) any way it clicked inside the mechanism. Anyway ran it again on another cycle and it went all the way through, and another and another it's all working. So I am none the wiser on how the detergent dispenser door opens or if the machine even knows that it's open?

The other thing that happened between it not working and working was the rinse aid light came on. There is a possibilty I guess that the sensor for rinse aid was interfering somehow. I've not put rinse aid in yet just going to run it a few more cycles before I do to make sure then if I put rinse aid in and it stops I'll know it's that.
Fiddling with the detergent latch? the hatch opens but the detergent pod is typically still in there by the time the cycle stops. I just googled "dishwasher upside down" and found that you can test a motor start relay by turning the unit upside down (resetting the plunger). this might lead somewhere..

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't know since I don't work on Danby.

Hopefully Jeff can help you with this.

Jake

wolfemanor

Premium Member
**solved**
i just gave the hose a vigorous shake and a carrot chunk came out. outgoing water increased substantially.