Dead Kenmore Elite dryer

dbhovel

Premium Member
imported post

Our Kenmore Elite (model 110 710 66000) dryer went dead weeks ago; the front control panel was entirely dead- no light, no sound. After much testing I replaced the circuit board. Still nothing. I know the only possible remaining defective part is the touch panel since I've checked everything else (as has another tech guy). Is there a "magic" reset toggle? I just can't believe its entirely dead, especially when the tech sheet diagnostic for the front panel didn't indicate a problem.

mattmorgan64

Premium Member
imported post

I'm not a repair tech, so take anything I say with a bottle of salt, but - you have checked that voltage is getting to the dryer, yes? If it's electric, then you are getting both 120v legs?

dbhovel

Premium Member
imported post

It's a gas dryer, set to use LP, so it uses 120v. Yes, I've checked all three leads for proper voltage and connection, and used a multimeter on the board to check getting voltage. Also, the door light works properly.

mattmorgan64

Premium Member
imported post

Hmmm well man, I dunno then. However, I've been researching the problems with my dryer very heavily this week, and somewhere I ran across a post that said you could take the touchpad somewhere and have it tested. I'll see if I can find the link.... meantime you might call around to a few service shops and see if they offer this service. Probably better than shelling out the bucks for a new touchpad only to find it's not the problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Hi dbhovel,

Its a Gas Dryer, but i have seen gas dryers have a bad controlpanel as well and not have lights of sounds on the touchpad.

How old is the Dryer?

Jake

dbhovel

Premium Member
imported post

It's about three years old. We have a similar Kenmore washer, too. The power here is often bad, but we have a generator for outages. I replaced the board because the diagnostic tests on the sheet indicated it wasn't the touch panel. The problem did not change.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Ok,

It sounds likethe touch panel is bad, if everything else is getting power.

Jake