Most likely your motor impeller is stripped, like others have reported in this thread.I have cleaned the chopper several times. Why does it keep getting clogged?
Good job Max.The internet is an amazing place--appliance Breakdown to total Repair in two days!
For the record, completed the repair in less than an hour having tried Jake's trick of pulling the motor-with-housing without taking the dishwasher out at all. It was pretty easy and it helped that I had the new part to look at first re: where things are located, and then after putting it into place I had the Old part handy to remind me where things were and where to feel for them (tabs and wire plugs).
A tip: I was able to disconnect the tabs and forward stuff (the dirt sensor wires/sensor, and the drain pump wires/drain pump) easily, then I lifted the bad assembly up from its bed and disconnected the two remaining items (the thermistor and the main motor wiring plug) from the inside of the DW. Reaching-around the wiring plate was otherwise nigh-impossible for me (to get my arm in there).
And after lubing the gasket of the new motor housing, and pressing into place, it wouldn't stay down i.e. wherever I placed a tab, the unit would "pop-up" on the other side. I finally determined that placing the Back tab first, then I could push-down and place the Front tab next, which of course held the thing down for placing the last Left Side tab.
The hardest part (with accompanying curse words) was after setting the tabs and when re-assembling, getting the plastic protector associated with the drain pump to stay put while inserting said pump and rotating-up and into place. That was a b*tch. Hard to hold the protector in place with one hand while setting/rotating the pump with the other.
But it worked straight-off and solved another problem we'd lived with for years which was noise. In hindsight the noise was probably caused by an obstruction, and that obstrution likely wore-out the link between the motor shaft and the impeller.
I would recommend to anybody needing to replace their main motor--just buy the motor WITH HOUSING and replace the whole shootin' match with the DW in place as I did. It probably would have added at least an hour or more to my repair if I'd had to pull the entire DW as shown in the videos, not to mention the possibility for mistakes disconnecting/reconnecting water hose(s) and electrical wires.
Thanks again to rwdavis2 and Jake for helping me out! Saved us $500 bucks or more on a new DW!