• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Defrost issue with ice maker on Frigidaire Refrigerator FGHF2366PF5A

KerryN

Model Number
FGHF2366PF5A
Brand
Frigidaire
I have issues with the ice maker freezing up. This has been happening for a long time. Originally it would happen every few months and I learned to take it apart and thaw it out to get it to work again. Then I learned that there was an upgraded air handler kit for this unit and that was installed. That appeared to fix the issue for a year but then it froze up again. I thawed it out to get it to work again, but froze up again within 6 weeks.

I just thawed it out yet again. At this point I'm figuring that the defrost on it has stopped working. When I got into the system service menu (after being warm for a while), test 26 which I believe is the frost limit switch showed OP for open. Test 45 for the ice maker mold thermistor showed 51F that would seem to be appropriate for a warm fridge.

After switching back on for a bit, test 26 showed CL for closed, so I am assuming this is working. Test 45, then showed 13F and in the ice maker diagnostic menu test 52, showed 11F for the ice maker thermistor.

Based on this, I am assuming that the thermistors and frost limit switches are working correctly and it is only the heater defrost I need to replace.

Is there a way to verify that this is failed through the service menu before I order a replacement?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Kerry, ohm test it with a multimeter.

Here's the defrost heater for your model:
Defrost Heater Assembly 242094802

When you click the part link to the defrost heater you will see videos on how to ohm test the defrost heater and how to access/replace it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake