FIXED Detergent Dispenser Problem - Door Spring help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lroberts

Premium Member
My detergent dispenser is not opening more that 1/2 inch. I can't figure out how to position the spring shown in the picture below. I would appreciate any suggestions on the proper assembly.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi lroberts,

Its abit tricky, the spring ends should rest against the back dispenser hump, and the middle flat part rests on the door itself, its hard to explain on a message board like this, without seeing it live.

Jake

lroberts

Premium Member
Detergent Dispenser Problem - Fixed

Hi Jake,

I tried your suggested fix and it worked:) ! Thank you very much for your help.

Leo

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad you got it fixed lroberts,:)

Thanks for the update!:3:

Jake

chris_hen

Thanks so much for this. The picture helped a lot but getting the spring reset again was the challenge.

I ended up sliding the two "pointy" parts of the spring onto the door of the dispenser with the "flat part" of the spring off of its seated position. Once I'd snapped the dispenser door back on I took a fork and lifted the flat part of the spring up onto the ledge where it is shown in your picture. Voila!

Thanks again for the help.

Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job Chris.:)

Jake

Bill Kappel

Premium Member
I have the same problem with spring but do not see the picture that was posted. Could you reference its location for me? Thanks.

Thanks so much for this. The picture helped a lot but getting the spring reset again was the challenge.

I ended up sliding the two "pointy" parts of the spring onto the door of the dispenser with the "flat part" of the spring off of its seated position. Once I'd snapped the dispenser door back on I took a fork and lifted the flat part of the spring up onto the ledge where it is shown in your picture. Voila!

Thanks again for the help.

Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

RML

Premium Member
Kenmore dispenser door issue

Hi,

Kenmore dishwasher model: 665.13742K601

Same issue with Kenmore dispenser door - doesn't fully open. Detergent is only partially used and cakes inside dispenser. There is no spring present to hold the door open. I can't recall seeing one but it's also something I haven't noticed until now. (This is a different assembly than the one where you posted pics here showing the spring for that ass'y.)

I'm aware of the replacement part (Kenmore Dishwasher Model 665.13742K601 Dispenser Parts) but I'd like to know if this is repairable, e.g., if there is a spring I can order and install.

Thanks,
Rick

dispenser 1.jpg dispenser 2.jpg dispenser 3.jpg

RML

Premium Member
Update (for those having similar issues).

I figured there must be a spring and the only place for it to go was down, so I pulled the upper and lower wash arm assemblies to get access to the sump where indeed I found the missing spring! As you can see in the photo below, due to the way its installed it's hidden from view.

I re-installed the spring and the dispenser works as before. :)

dispenser 4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.