• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DHDVH52GF0WW Adora gas Dryer will not start, the display timer counts down in seconds rather than minutes

marchfishy

Premium Member
Model Number
DHDVH52GF0WW
Brand
GE
There IS power to the display,but when I press the start button, the display timer counts down in seconds rather than minutes and motor does not move.I have checked both thermistors with meter, I have checked both thermostats for continuity,installed new door switch, cleaned entire unit of lint,checked belt tension switch with meter,motor is not locked nor does it smell burnt.
I tried to get the dryer in diagnostic mode(signal..delay start..signal..delay start) but it would not enter into diagnostic mode. I attempted to place the matching washer in diagnostic mode, and I got that to work. The only things left to test is MOTOR,CONTROL BOARD, and POWER BOARD. I didn't test coils or ignitor because of other people saying that the drum(motor) would turn without heat. Since the dryer won't go into diagnostic mode,I'm thinking that it isn't the motor that is bad. So I have three symptoms 1. not entering into diagnostic mode 2.timer counting down in seconds 3. motor does not start

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

marchfishy

Premium Member
there is a control board and a power board to this model. you pictured the power board.Both boards are over a hundred dollars apiece.....Is there a appliance parts store online that would take back a part if it is the wrong one needed?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That board I posted above is the main power/control board.

Your other board is the user interface board also called the control panel where you select your cycles, etc.

Here's the user interface board for your model: GE WE4M384 User Interface Board - AppliancePartsPros.com

All parts you order through our links come with a 365 day full refund, less shipping, even electrical parts and even if you install the part/parts.

Jake

marchfishy

Premium Member
I ordered the power/control board....came today...I installed the board......dryer started!!!!!!!!.......thanks Jake!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to here that.:)

Jake