Dishwasher appears dead but has power - GE GDT655SMJ2ES

thumpalong

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655S
Brand
GE
Got a GE dishwasher GDT655SMJ2ES that is 18 months old and it is acting dead. No lights on control panel. I've verified that there is power at the junction box of the unit (black to white wires show 117 v). Have tried holding the Cycle Select and Start button for 5 seconds or more and still no response.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose further? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You posted the model number of a GE Dryer, we would need the GE dishwasher model number to help you.:)

The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

Try this: Press the Select Cycle and Start buttons at the same time for Five (5) seconds. If the control responds with LED’s or Display coming on, The CSM is tripped.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Next, Check your machine control board Service LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row.

To view the machine control board Service LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24799 Machine Control

Here's the video that show you how to remove the cover to access the main control board, and Service LED on it: Main control board access video

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

The tech. data sheet says this: Flashing rapidly (4x per second) or STEADY ON---->Software error. Replace machine control board.

Order and replace the machine control board I posted the link to above and you should be back in business.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's odd, the link above worked great for me, yes that is the link you posted to the machine control board.

Jake

thumpalong

Premium Member
Thanks again Jake. Yes, the link is good, my computer just wants to be picky and make me hold down "control" when I click on it and I keep forgetting that.....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake

thumpalong

Premium Member
Got the new board and installed it. The green LED on it is also steady on. The dishwasher display is still dark and unresponsive.

What's next? Thanks.