• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Dishwasher GDF620HGJ4BB, questions about firmware update

Steve Conner

Premium Member
Would a UI board also need a software update? I've tried 3 new control boards and each has had a steady green light (Software Error) right out of the box. UI doesn't work at all. GE dishwasher GDF620HGJ4BB and new control board WD21X24900.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Steve,

When you replace the UI Board you must set the personality jumpers that come with the new UI Board or it will not work.

Here's the UI Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

The original board does not have jumpers. You need to set the jumpers on the NEW UI Board per the instructions, that came with the new UI Board, and it will work.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Steve Conner

Premium Member
Appreciate the reply. I was getting ready to box up the third machine control board to return and then scrap the dishwasher, but just to be sure I put power to it again and it started working. Very confusing, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Now, however the dishwasher user interface activates every once and a while without prompting. Is this an indication of an issue or can I turn this feature off so it only comes on when I'm ready to start it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you set the personality jumpers like I mentioned above?

If so, and its activates every once and a while without prompting, then its defective, order my link above and it will work great!

Jake