FIXED Dishwasher Model #GDT580SSF7SS not heating up.

sandman512

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT580SSF7SS
Brand
GE
SO, my dishwasher, Model #GDT580SSF7SS, ran a cycle the other day and when the cycle was done the the items in the dishwasher were "cool"to the touch. Usually when I open the dishwasher, I am hit with a blast of hot air. Any thoughts? Thanks!
FWIW, i just recently and successfully replaced the drain pump and it was functioning fine after that. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Ohm test the flood switch, this has been a very common part to fail with issues of no water/water not heating, etc.

Check your flood switch resistance with a multimeter set on 20,000 ohms per post #2 here: FIXED: GE GDT580SSF0SS issues - not washing properly - not heating water.

the resistance across pins 3 & 5 on the flood switch should be about 11K ohms at room temp, and 1,300 ohms at 175 degrees.
Yours uses the exact same flood switch:
WD21X10519 Switch Flood Asm

Jake

sandman512

Premium Member
First and foremost, thank you for the reply. I will test the flood switch and then proceed from there. Much appreciated. I will update this thread as I progress.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

sandman512

Premium Member
So, I followed the directions and my multimeter was reading 1280.
My apologies if done wrong, I am not to familiar with a multimeter and did a quick youtube video. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, its bad. It should read 11000 ohms at room temperature.

Order and replace the flood switch from my link to it in post #2 and you'll be good to go.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent sandman, glad to hear the new flood switch fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

dehler25

Hi,

Ohm test the flood switch, this has been a very common part to fail with issues of no water/water not heating, etc.

Check your flood switch resistance with a multimeter set on 20,000 ohms per post #2 here: FIXED: GE GDT580SSF0SS issues - not washing properly - not heating water.

Yours uses the exact same flood switch:
WD21X10519 Switch Flood Asm

Jake
I had a similar issue, I have 16.7 ohms from the control module through the heater so that appears good replaced control board, no joy! No power from the board. I measured across the circuit pins 3,5 at the tower bottom (aqua black and red black showing 500 ohms at room temp. Troubleshooting threw me a curve as I could not get power to the heater element. Thanks for the thread.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Glad to hear the new flood switch fixed your GE dishwasher too.:)

Jake