• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Dishwasher not draining or cleaning

Kricket

Model Number
HDA3600N10WW
Brand
Hotpoint
I have a hotpoint HDA3600N10WW
The water will not empty out of the machine. I flushed & cleaned the machines outbound line. Water will now go through it fine. The machine is still not pushing water out. Can anyone out there help me??? I am not in the position to replace it. Can someone please tell me what I should check next and how do I get to the area where that part is???? THANK YOU ..... :(

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you even hear the motor running at all or is it just humming?

If the motor is running, Have you checked the drain hose to the disposal for a clog?

On your model you have a drain solenoid that opens the pump flapper for it to drain.

Here's the pump parts diagram for your model: Parts for Hot Point HDA3600N10WW / : Motor-Pump Mechanism Parts

#493 is the drain solenoid, #418 is the pump flapper that the solenoid opens.

If you can get a flashlight and watch the solenoid to see if it moves the flapper when it goes into a drain cycle. And also you can touch the solenoid and see if you feel it humming and warm.

Also try to move the flapper up and down to see if it moves freely.

The plastic flapper lever in the drain solenoid should be in the UP position for wash and DOWN for drain.

Here's the drain solenoid kit for your model:
Drain Solenoid Kit WD21X10268 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Watch this video:

[video=youtube;Jiy1-XRI7-o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiy1-XRI7-o[/video]

Jake