• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Dishwasher Recommendation

facecard

Premium Member
Model Number
none
Brand
-major brand-
I am looking to replace my old dishwasher. The dishwasher I have now doesn't do a good job of cleaning the dishes. Obviously, there is a variety of brands and models to choose from. I am looking for one that is not too expensive like $500 dollars or less. I know a decent brand could run above 500 dollars so I am aware of the cost factor. I would like to keep the cost around 500 because of other charges that may be involved such as warranty, installation, etc...

I am looking for a 24 inch model and buttons on the front. Obviously, energy efficient and one that is reliable.

Anyone have any recommendations?

facecard

Premium Member
What do you like about this particular dishwasher? I am looking to replace my old one and I need something that is energy efficient, water efficient and reliable. I have a family and we are running the dishwasher every single night. I need something that is good and will do a good job at cleaning the dishes. I think Home Depot has this model. It looks around my budget before miscellaneous charges.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Maytag is the most reliable dishwasher, you can order it from my link to it above. They have free delivery.

Jake

pjstock

Premium Member
Based on your note that for a family that runs the DW daily, one should buy new and not repair (or buy used) I am breaking down and am finally buying a NEW dishwasher for my tenants.
they tell me that they are running their DW twice a DAY these days (COVID has increased people's Eat At Home schedules and I expect upped DW usage)
based on your Recommended lists (from 2011, 2014 and this note that you own Maytag even though you knocked them down a level or two in 2014 for panel failures) I am zeroing in on Maytag.

but many suppliers up here (Canada) though are completely out of Maytag.

could you renew your Top 5 list for 2020? after Maytag, what do you recommend?

Peter

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Maytag
Amana
Jenn-Air
Whirlpool
KitchenAid

Jake

007noob

Premium Member
Hi
I am planning on getting the Maytag (MDB4949SHZ) also. Where is the vent on this dishwasher? The hot air for drying has to go out somewhere.
I read some Q & A - some said it does NOT have a vent and some say it’s on the side which would be enclosed and aside the cabinet. I’m worried about mold issues.
Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't see a vent on this model, mine does not have a vent either and I've never had any mold at all inside of it in the 6 years I've owned it.

I keep my door ajar when it's not in use so air is always going through it.

Jake

007noob

Premium Member
Thanks for getting back! Also does this dishwasher have a spinning wash arm at the very top above the second rack spraying downwards? I cannot seem to verify that in any of the images.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it has the small upper arm spinner at the very top.

Jake