Dishwasher safety latch

Brianc429

Premium Member
I was looking for days to find out how to reset the little plastic trigger under the handle on my dishwasher. I needed to figure it out on my own. So you don't need to go through the headaches I went through here is all you need to know. Gently push the trigger to the right, then take something thin and push it into the tiny hole located just below and to the left. It will click and reset. Now your door will open normally again. Hope this helps someone.
Not sure how to upload an image but it's easy to visualize.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model number??

Thanks for sharing but your tip might be more helpful if you identified the actual dishwasher model involved.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

Dan O.

Brianc429

Premium Member
How do I edit? I thought I was in a Bosch section of the forum. Sorry.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Brianc429 said:
How do I edit?
You don't necessarily need to, just post it in a followup message.

I thought I was in a Bosch section of the forum.
Bosch has been making dishwashers for 20+ years, 4-5 models a year. They're not all the same in which case what you're describing might only apply to some of those models in some of those years.

Knowing which exact model is involved in your case my help prevent other visitors from going on a wild goose chase should they have a Bosch model designed differently than yours.

JMO