Status
Not open for further replies.

MMyers684

Premium Member
Model Number
DU1055XTST3
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello, my Quiet Partner I dishwasher's Start/Resume light blinks at a continuous pace when I try to run it. It happened all of the sudden. I have tried pressing normal wash/heated dry until all the lights turn on and pressing cancel to reset it, but that hasn't worked. I have reset the breaker also, When I reset the breaker and pushed start, the washing light lit for a second, like it was about to start, then the Start/Resume light started blinking again. I have read that maybe it could be the door switch or something like that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Matt

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control or the keypad. To determine if the control or keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Check and/or replace the keypad if the control responds OK.

➔If the control is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control.

MMyers684

Premium Member
Ok, I did what you said and unplugged the ribbon at p1. I put it back together, and turned on the breaker. Then nothing happened and none of the buttons worked at all. No lights even came on. What do you think the next step would be? A new board?

rickgburton

Staff member
rickgburton said:
Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.
It doesn't sound like you followed my instructions correctly. Maybe read them again and give it another shot.

MMyers684

Premium Member
This morning I followed direction exactly I believe. First, I tried to start a cycle, and the blinking light started. Then I cut the power to the dishwasher at the breaker. Then I opened the dishwasher door and opened the console. I unplugged the ribbon at P1 and verified all the other connections were made. I put the console back together, with the ribbon unplugged. I did NOT close the dishwasher door. Next, I powered the dishwasher on at the breaker, waited 5 seconds, and closed the dishwasher door. There was no response from the dishwasher. I did not hear the drain motor come on. Since the ribbon is off the control board, none of the leds should come on right? Because no led lights worked after unplugging the ribbon. The dishwasher is empty and there is no water in it. Should I throw some water in it to see if the drain motor comes on? Does it sound like I followed the directions correctly? Thanks for the help. Matt

rickgburton

Staff member

MileHighWhirlpool

Premium Member
A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control or the keypad. To determine if the control or keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Check and/or replace the keypad if the control responds OK.

➔If the control is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control.
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I am having the exact same issue. I pulled everything apart, but my exact same model does not have any ribbon connector to the control panel. There are literally plastic cylinders that attach to the control panel in the front and when pressed, just push a small button/switch on the control board itself. Does this mean that if I am having the same issue, its almost certain to be the control board itself due to the fact there is no electrical signal from the front panel to the board, just a mechanical push rod? Any help would be fantastic. Thank you.

Nate

rickgburton

Staff member

DingoDaddy

Premium Member
Hi Rick,

Another necromancer here reviving and old thread. Thank you so much for sharing your expertise with the internet masses. I followed your diagnosis directions earlier in this thread which resulted in my replacing the control board in my mother's IKEA branded Whirlpool dishwasher. The replacement part # was one of these - I forget which as I don't have the original part:

Part Number W10243171 (AP4559836) replaces W10199572, 1873063, AH2579824, EA2579824, PS2579824.
The dishwasher now works when the start button is pressed when the dishwasher is closed. Unfortunately it is a cabinet front model and when you press the start button while the door is open it blinks but won't start when the door is closed. Before the control went bad this procedure worked (press start then close door). My mother has the cabinet front off of the washer now so she can access the button when the door is closed but I'd like to get it to work when the button is pressed while the door is still open.

Any thoughts?

rickgburton

Staff member

rickgburton

Staff member

DingoDaddy

Premium Member
The problem is exactly the one from this thread with the main control board needing to be replaced:

This morning I followed direction exactly I believe. First, I tried to start a cycle, and the blinking light started. Then I cut the power to the dishwasher at the breaker. Then I opened the dishwasher door and opened the console. I unplugged the ribbon at P1 and verified all the other connections were made. I put the console back together, with the ribbon unplugged. I did NOT close the dishwasher door. Next, I powered the dishwasher on at the breaker, waited 5 seconds, and closed the dishwasher door. There was no response from the dishwasher. I did not hear the drain motor come on.
I took out the old control board and looked up the part # that was printed on the board which I believe was W10199572. I ordered it from here because it was not available on repairclinic.com at the time:

Whirlpool W10243171 Electronic Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com

The part above was physically identical to the old board and the dishwasher runs fine now after replacing it in every regard except not starting after pressing start with the door open and closing the door. Apparently I should have searched by model # rather than the part # that was printed on the board. Does it make sense that the part I put in would work in every other way?

rickgburton

Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.