• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Dishwasher won't run, buttons flashing, thermal fuse is fine? KUDC03IVBL4

travisty

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDC03IVBL4
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi all. I've got a KUDC03IVBL4 dishwasher that was working fine up until a few days ago. The 'Normal Wash' light on the device is flashing, and the 'Cancel' light will flash too if I poke around. The device won't run as-is. I tried power cycling at the breaker box a few times at which point it might be willing to start, but it doesn't stay on. There's clearly power to the unit, but it won't run.

I looked up some previous threads here and found that the thermal fuse tends to go. I followed this video (
) and pulled my thermal fuse and tested it with a multimeter, and it seems fine, so so much for that easy fix.

There's another thread from 10 (!) years ago here that looks like a very similar problem that was solved by replacing the entire dashboard of the system:

Here's my questions then:
1. If it's not the thermal fuse, is the control board the likely culprit?
2. Does that dashboard I linked look like the correct replacement?
3. In the other thread, the OP asked whether replacing the part on a seven year old device was worth it. Well it's ten years later than that. I don't know how old this specific device is; it came with the house when we bought it a few years ago.

It's $150 for that part, and a brand new Bosch is a grand. I haven't had any problems with the device other than this, but I also don't want to get into a situation where I'm replacing this, or other parts, every six months here on out. Should I consider replacing the entire dishwasher rather than starting down the replacement part path?

What do you guys think?

Removed linked site

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
1. Yes, the problem is the control panel(dashboard).
2. No, that control panel you posted the link to above is not for your model, in fact I removed that link you posted to that site, because that site is very shady, they don't even list part numbers.:mad:

Then is the control panel for your model:
WPW10250007 Panel-Cntl
whirlpool-console-asm-serv-wpw10250007-ap6017792_01_l.jpg

3. Its your choice, usually if the dishwasher is used daily or many times a day, then its best to get a new dishwasher when a dishwashers gets over 10 years old, and your model is a 2010 or 2011 model.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes let us know.:)

Jake

travisty

Premium Member
Installed the new dashboard and seems to be working fine. Surprising that it didn't require a full control board. I'll probably start watching for a new dishwasher to go on sale, since I don't want to have to buy a new one under duress.

Thanks Jake!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @travisty , glad to hear that the new control panel(dashboard) fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.