• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DJXR433EC2WW GE Dryer making rubbing sound video attached

RegularGuy05

Premium Member
Model Number
DJXR433EC2WW
Brand
GE
Hi, I just replaced the front sliders, bearings, felt, and drum belt on my GE dryer model#DJXR433EC2WW ..... When I was done my dryer started making this rubbing sound, whooshing noise from the front. I even tried putting the old belt back on but it still makes the sound. I attached a video of the noise. Any help would be great, thank you.

RegularGuy05

Premium Member
I should note I replaced the above parts because I was getting a loud squealing sound. It no longer makes the squealing sound but now the woosh/rubbing sound. I don't think it was doing it before but I can't be sure. This noise isn't real loud but still not normal. Thanks Again...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

RegularGuy05

Premium Member
Hi, No I actually got the original parts from GE. I've ordered from appliancepartspros.com for my microwave, and washing machine in the past but I just went through Amazon this time since I got 1 day shipping and my wife couldn't use the dryer. Have you ever heard this sound before? My wife doesn't know if it made this sound before. Thanks for any help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Many folks get faulty parts or aftermarket parts from amazon and they either don't work or don't work right. Your in Phoenix, I'm 100 miles west of Phoenix, when I need a part the same day I drive to Appliance Parts Company in Avondale, they sell OEM parts for all appliances.

Did you get all those parts I listed above from amazon?

Jake

RegularGuy05

Premium Member
I did get them from Amazon but they came in GE packaging. I'm not sure if my issue is with the parts or something else is going on. Avondale isn't that far so I'll keep that in mind.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
amazon does not monitor where parts come from there, like Appliance Parts Company does.

The reason is China is flooding the market with cheap knock offs. They may or may not say OEM on the parts but it doesn't make it so. China distributors even pay people to give good reviews.

The package can look original from GE but still be from China. Lots of counterfeit parts come from China.

Jake