• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DLE0442W LG Dryer not heating

thew60

Premium Member
Model Number
DLE0442W
Brand
LG
I have a LG model DLE442 W electric dryer. It is about 10 years old and has performed flawlessly until now. Venting ducts regularly cleaned..
The other day, the dryer failed to provide heat but all of the functions were normal. Based on the symptoms and using Google I determined that the likely cause was the high limit thermostat had blown. I replaced the high limit thermostat (LG part #6931EL3003D) as well as the thermistor. The entire dryer and all the ductwork was cleaned and vacuumed prior to reassembly and once everything was back together it work fine for approximately two loads of laundry when it stopped heating again. With two consecutive failures of the high limit thermostat, and with the duct work clean the only other thing I am questioning is could the heating element be grounding causing that thermostat to continually blow.
I am not a wiz with a multimeter and it may be easier just to replace the heating element assembly and hope for the best.
This model does not appear to have a thermal fuse.
Other thermostats (2) are resettable and even after cooling the dryer down no return of heat. Any thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

There's something about these LG and Samsung dryers that's been a huge issue, it is this problem your having, I had it as well at a customers house here in my area.

Here's our main thread on it: DV218AEB Samsung Dryer Keeps Blowing Thermal Fuse

You can see many others with this same problem, and me too, look at the last page of that thread and you can see what finally solved it, Using MED HEAT instead of HIGH HEAT.

Try MED HEAT on yours too and see if it stops blowing that thermal fuse.

That high limit thermostat is actually your thermal fuse:
Thermal Fuse 6931EL3003D

Jake

thew60

Premium Member
I thought it would be the right thing to do to give a follow-up.

Rather than continually replacing the thermal fuse and make further diagnostic attempts, I just replaced the entire heating element including all associated fuses and wiring that go with it, part number 5301EL1001H.

I installed it approximately two weeks ago. I did heed to the recommendations of not using high heat which is not necessary so we're running it on medium-high and have thus far no problems

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, thanks for the follow-up on yours.:)

Jake