• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DLE2101W LG Dryer won't start cycle anymore

insanart

Premium Member
Model Number
DLE2101W
Brand
LG
Hello. Friend has an LG dryer that has been experiencing issues and now won't even start a cycle. It started with a "check filter" error, but at that point it would still run a cycle. Then, it would run, but only with low or no heat (like in a "cool down" mode).

At this point, it won't even start. Still saying "check filter". We've pulled off the lint hose, cleaned everything that is easily accessible (everything short of tearing the unit apart). I'm pretty comfortable tearing into washers/dryers, but this the first one I've had to deal with that has all the computerized crap.

Any advice is appreciated. We can totally tear into the dryer and clean the inside, too, if that might help. Figured I'd ask before tearing it apart. :)

Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I couldn't find any service information on that model but going by your description it sounds like a door switch problem or control board problem.

When you try to start the dryer does it make any sounds at all? Have you tried all cycles? Including AIR DRY?

Here's the door switch for your model:
Door Switch 6601EL3001A

This video shows you how to access it:

This video shows how to ohm test it:

Unfortunately, the control board is no longer available for your model: EBR33640905 Pcb Assembly,main

Jake

insanart

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply, Jake. For some reason I didn't get an email notification of your reply (I have it turned on - weird). We will check out the door switch. If it's not that, then it might be time for a new one since the control board isn't available?!?

Thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We will check out the door switch. If it's not that, then it might be time for a new one since the control board isn't available?!?
Yes, Correct.:)

Jake