DLE5977W LG dryer stops intermittently

MJCooper

Model Number
DLE5977W
Brand
LG
I have an LG dryer that stops intermittently- especially if there is a full load of laundry in it. The motor was replaced about 3-4 months ago thinking this was the cause and it worked for a while and then started acting up again about a month ago. Here is the scenario: I put a load of laundry in, it starts up fine.....then about 5-10 minutes into the cycle, it starts squeeling (like a belt issue) and then I hear a series of clicks and then it stops. If I take half the load out of the dryer, it will start again and most likely will continue the cycle uninterrupted. When the dryer does the intermittent stopping, the display is still lit, and will continue the countdown of time on the display. It may start again on it's own after a few minutes, but it will only continue for a short period before it stops again. The only way to get it to perform is to remove most of the weight in the dryer. I read some of the old links regarding this, but again, the service tech couldn't figure out why this was happening, replaced the motor, and it's still a problem...suggestions?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
You will need to have the tech take the machine apart and check the rollers and the blower assembly for any obstruction or wheel resistance. It sounds like the drum is having a hard time turning and is burning up the motor. That's why it's shutting down like that.

Hope this helps.