• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DLEX3875V LG Dryer Flowsense Error

Tegguy

Premium Member
Model Number
DLEX3875V
Brand
LG
My LG Dryer has been not drying properly and has been saying there was a flowsense problem. I have checked all the duct work and everything is clear so I'm trying to use the diagnostic mode to try to figure out what's wrong but I can't understand the display. Can anyone help or provide troubleshooting recommendations? I'm thinking heating element but I would hate to buy the wrong part.

20180721_191634.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model: LG Dryer DLEX3875V / Repair Parts

I couldn't locate the tech. data sheet for this model, hopefully another tech that has it can post it here for us.

Jake

Tegguy

Premium Member
Thank you i have the tech service manual but it doesn't talk much about flow sense but from the wiring diagram it looks like it goes into the heater thermostat

Tegguy

Premium Member
This service may help.Make sure you wash the lint filter. Have you tried running dryer not connected to duct work?

- - - Updated - - -

manual covers your model
Cleaned all duct work. Took dryer apart cleaned it all out. Ran it with no duct attached and still same problem.

It's not getting as hot as it should lately

Tegguy

Premium Member
So I took the dryer apart again to run component tests and noticed on the top of the blower housing is a white component with no markings that isn't on any diagram. Does anyone know what this is?

Also on the heating element it passes the test in the troubleshooting diagram but it fails the component test due to high resistance (but the resistance value I get matches the block test) I don't know if I call this good or bad

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck for posting the service manual!

That shouldn't be there, where did you buy this dryer from? Or worked on it before?

The thermistor is mounted in the back of your blower wheel housing. And that's not what your thermistor looks like either.

Watch this video and you will see: LG Electric Dryer Thermistor Video

Here's the thermistor for your model:
Thermistor 6323EL2001B

Jake

Tegguy

Premium Member
That's not the thermistor the thermistor is on the back of the housing I don't know what that part is.

I bought the dryer at Best buy and no one has ever serviced it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have no clue what that is then, its not on the parts list.

Jake

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Yeah does not show up on any parts site.Thinking it would be a Humidity Sensor. Like in this video.

[video=youtube_share;DL2xvoRNEvA]