• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DLEX7700VE LG Dryer won’t start

Peyton O'Hare

Premium Member
Model Number
DLEX7700VE
Brand
LG
Hello,

If anyone could help I would appreciate it. I have an LG dryer that is only a year old. When I try to start it, it powers on let’s me select a cycle. When I hit start I here two audible clicks then nothing, no humming or anything. But the time does count down so it thinks it’s on. I have replaced the door sensor, the thermal fuse, and the heating element. But still nothing. Please help thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model: LG Dryer DLEX7700VE Parts

Make sure your getting 240 volts to the dryer. Where the power cord hooks up to the dryer you should have 240 volts across the 2 outer terminals RED and BLACK dryer wires.

Have LG come out under warranty to fix it for you. If its a year old its still under warranty, even if its just out of warranty you still have a case for LG to come out under warranty, companies don't want to lose customers over a few days/30 days out of warranty.

Jake

Peyton O'Hare

Premium Member
I have called them, they were not very helpful, and at this point I’m beyond the warranty by a few months. Any other thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you check your belt switch for continuity?

Here's the belt switch for your model:
Belt Switch EBF61734701

There is a video in the part link that shows you how to access/replace it.

If your belt switch is fine, all that's left is your control board as the culprit.

Here's the control board for your model: EBR79674701 Pcb Assembly,main

Jake

Peyton O'Hare

Premium Member
Well, i replaced the belt switch with no luck. So i will replace the Pcb board after my next pay day as this is a little pricey. Quick question, is it possible that there may be a problem with the motor?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Possibly, but I can't locate the tech data sheet for this model to tell you how to test the motor.

Usually when the motor goes bad on these, it will start for a couple minutes then shut down. Your's isn't starting at all.

Jake