• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DLEY1901KE LG Dryer Issues

reviewkangaroo

Premium Member
Model Number
DLEY1901KE
Brand
LG
I've recently come across a pair of LG dryers that I was going to resell after purchasing for what I thought was a great price; however, there does not seem to be any interest in them. Is there a known problem with this machine that would cause skepticism? They are brand new.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I didn't find any service bulletins on that model. It might be because it hasn't been out long enough. I've sold a lot of appliances both new and used. You'll probably sell them eventually but you have a few things going against you. For one, it's an LG. The consensus among service techs is LG and Samsung are worst appliance manufacturers. Many people don't realize if it's new it still has the one year warranty no matter where it was purchased. Even if it's new, if you get too close to the retail price people will opt for the convenience of the big box stores because they offer delivery, set up and haul away the old one. Plus there's the no hassle return policy where if there's a problem with the dryer within 30-90 days they bring you a new one. That's probably worth $150 to many people. Home depot in Salt Lake City has it for $750. And last. people are gun shy about purchasing appliances from private individuals because of all the scams you hear about. Be patient and you'll sell them.

reviewkangaroo

Premium Member
Thanks rickgburton. That was awfully comprehensive and very much appreciated.

LG and Samsung have usually been at the top of consumer reports/buyers guide so hearing that from a tech, that's good to know. I was under the impression that techs were more difficult to find for these machines because of the certification that was required from the manufacture; and that this has becoming less so the case because it is becoming "essential."

Again, thank you for your perspective!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I was under the impression that techs were more difficult to find for these machines because of the certification that was required from the manufacture;
The only certification required is the one from the EPA for working on sealed systems in refrigerators. That goes for all refrigerators. The real reason it's hard to find techs to work on them is because no one wants to. That goes for warranty repairs also. Last summer I had a customer call me to repair a LG refrigerator. When I explained to him that the machine was still under warranty and he had to call an authorized LG servicer. He had called two places and they put him so far down the list (one was a week out and the other was several days out) he said he would rather pay someone to fix it than wait. That's ridiculous for a refrigerator. I told him to call LG so I don't know what the outcome was.
LG and Samsung have usually been at the top of consumer reports/buyers guide ...
Both manufacturers have several class action suits against them. Next time you're on a site with appliance reviews try this: www.fakespot.com