• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DLGX2802W LG Dryer - dead control panel

KohrElec

Premium Member
Model Number
DLGX2802W
Brand
LG
I am working on an LG DLGX2802W dryer. The control panel will not power up. All limiters are good and the drum light works. As close as I can tell there is voltage to the panel.

I suspect the EBR36858816 control board as the power transformer for the controls is located on this PCB. Am I on the right track?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the update on the dishwasher.:)

I suspect the EBR36858816 control board as the power transformer for the controls is located on this PCB. Am I on the right track?
Yes, You will need to check and see if all the wiring on the unit is good. If so, then it sounds like the main board EBR36858816 is bad and will need to be replaced.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
KohrElec said this in a email reply:
Hi Jake, Again I am late. Sorry. Your input on the LG dryer was on the money! replacement board did the trick. Another happy LG owner. Thanks

Excellent, good job, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

gord@hippern.net

Premium Member
LG DLE2150R, similar problem, pushed start, panel went dead.

Similar problem. Loaded dryer, selected cycle, pushed start. As soon as drum started to turn the panel went dead. Interior light works, breaker ok.
Does the circuit board need replacement?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Please check your model number again, I couldn't pull up a DLE2150R, only a DLE2350R.

Jake

gord@hippern.net

Premium Member
DLE2150R is correct but I'm in Canada so that might be why it doesn't show up in a US database. Applianceblog does have some parts for it but not the circuit board. I've had technician check it out and conclude that the PCB is the problem so I've ordered one from the LG Canada to arrive in a day or two.
Thanks for looking into it.
...Gord

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
DLE2150R is correct but I'm in Canada so that might be why it doesn't show up in a US database.
That's what I was thinking too if your model number was confirmed as DLE2150R.

I've had technician check it out and conclude that the PCB is the problem so I've ordered one from the LG Canada to arrive in a day or two.
Sounds good Gord, let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake