• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DLGX3371 LG Dryer Service Manual

MxRacer965

Premium Member
Model Number
DLGX3371
Brand
LG
Hi all,

neighbor is having issues with his LG DLGX3371 dryer. Wanted to see if I could help him after I successfully repaired my Whirlpool dryer this year with the help of those around here. That said I’m not sure if he has the service manual or not; does anyone here have a source for this so I could get info on resistance for various sensors, etc?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
All of that information will be on the tech sheet. Look behind the lower panel or taped to the side panel or in the console.

MxRacer965

Premium Member
Thanks, will check it out in the AM. I suspected it should be there, but he didn’t know what he was looking for...

MxRacer965

Premium Member
Thanks for checking; I did a google search first as well but came up empty. Hopefully he still has it. I’ll know for sure in the AM!

too bad he already bought a new control board instead of doing diagnostics. I guess the issue is it just runs and won’t shut off. He bought a new board and now all the lights on the control panel illuminate and he can’t do anything with it...

rickgburton

Staff member
If you find it post it here and between the two of us we can figure it out.

MxRacer965

Premium Member
Lol!

thanks for the manual! Odd (to me) situation. Old control board installed and the drum will operate and NEVER turn off, even when opening the door. He had a new control board on hand and with that one installed the control panel would turn on, and all lights around the dial would illuminate, but you couldn’t actually adjust anything on the dial, start a load, or interact with the control panel in general. The drum did not run though. Can’t put it in diagnostic mode or anything with the new board installed. With the old board in place I pulled the NA4 connector and the motor would turn off, of course.

not sure where to go at the moment. Any suggestions?

MxRacer965

Premium Member
Sorry for the long time between replies, the neighbor took a long time to get back to me when I asked for the P/N. This is the latest board that he ordered:

EBR76542934

Apparently with the old board the drum turns on and never stops when the dryer is plugged in, but the control panel is functional. With the new boards the drum does not turn on when the dryer is plugged in, but the control panel lights up but does not respond. He ordered one board and installed, figured it was bad, and exchanged it. When the second one did the same thing he thought he might have gotten the same one back by mistake at the shipping dept...so he ordered a 3rd from Amazon.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I see what's wrong, we need the last digit of that model number.

Here's the results I get:
DLGX3371R - Dryer
DLGX3371V - Dryer
DLGX3371W - Dryer

That last digit determines the CORRECT control board for his model. LOL

Jake

MxRacer965

Premium Member
Wouldnt the last letter just be the color though? His is white so I assume the last letter would be “W”.

I did check the part number of the original board and the new board and they matched. Looked identical as well.

That said maybe there is something different with the firmware even if the board is the same model?

MxRacer965

Premium Member
Just confirmed, he has the DLGX3371W. And he ordered the EBR76542934 board.

he did no diagnostics that I know of before he just decided to replace the board, BTW.

rickgburton

Staff member
Go to page 19 in the service manual and check out the part number for DLGX3371*. You have your work cut out for you. The way I see it is, the dryer doesn't work with the old board or the new board so you either need a 3rd board or the machine has two separate problems. Since he replaced the first board, you don't know if it's been miswired or shorted or if a wire came off or a connector is not on all the way. You see where I'm going with this? Tell him to take a picture of the model tag and post it here. I think you need to double or triple check the model number and control board numbers match up.

MxRacer965

Premium Member
So apparently the neighbor had a tech come out, who basically said it needed the board and the display. Something about some revisions that are "hush hush" from LG that necessitate both being replaced together. $450 or so was the quote. With Black Friday coming he is just going to get a new pair for $650.

rickgburton

Staff member
......needed the board and the display. Something about some revisions that are "hush hush" from LG that necessitate both being replaced together.
LGBS. Stay away from LG and Samsung.