• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DMT400RHS Samsung Dishwasher Leaking after drying is completed

kfecher

Model Number
DMT400RHS
Brand
Samsung
We own a rather expensive Samsung dishwasher, Model DMT400RHS, only 4 years old. Out of no where it has decided to mysteriously leak. I have pulled it out and observed it wash and dry an entire cycle and there are no leaks. It drains out, fills fine, runs as it should, BUT sometime after the cycle is done (drying and all), it mysteriously drops several cups of water from an unknown location. I mean we are talking a god hour or more later. I am yet to be able to find where. I have watched it run an entire cycle, through drying and all is dry as a bone. There are no signs of leakage on any parts either. It also flashes no codes or errors.

I should add, this is not from the front door area as many people say. The water runs out from the far left side of the dishwasher, from under the dishwasher somewhere. Many leaks I've found on line are in the door dryer system. Mine seems to be coming from the side check valve area, but again, it only leaks well after the dry cycle completes.

Anyone have any clue as to why or where?

Last edited:

Leighann

Premium Member
Apparently the issue I was having was due to a faulty Inlet valve, part # DD62-00084A , it started only leaking after the dry cycle, eventually it started at the beginning as the issue got worse. The leak was coming from just above the braided hose that brings the water into the dishwasher

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear you found the problem. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake