• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DMT400RHS - Smart Auto Blinking

Swingking03

Premium Member
Model Number
DMT400RHS
Brand
Samsung
A couple weeks ago both the smart auto and heavy lights were blinking after an incomplete wash. I vacuumed the drain line and it worked a couple times. Now, only the smart auto light blinks shortly after a cycle starts. Water has drained but cycles do not finish. Strangely, I do get a full cycle to complete about every 5 attempts. I checked a lot of tubes weekend and found no obstructions. The brake did have a couple of brown, potentially gunned up areas. Any advice on troubleshooting or parts to replace?

Swingking03

Premium Member
I tried running cycle tonight and went straight to blinking smart auto. I vacuumed drain line at disposal and it ran for 20-30 minutes before draining and then stopping with smart auto blinking.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I located the service manual here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/py1aubwqfpsee1w/DMT800_610_400_350_7933_DW80F800_600_v05_20130515.pdf?dl=0

On Page 45--->If water is not fully supplied(sensing on flow-meter), the WATER SUPPLY ERROR("SMART AUTO" LED) will blink.

Most likely its the water inlet valve that's gone bad, Bruce had this same issue in post #7 here:

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
DD62-00084A Valve, Water

Here's the video:

Jake

Swingking03

Premium Member
Since it seems to error at various times, sometimes shortly after start and others after running for 20 minutes, how can I be sure whether I should replace Assy Case Brake w/ Flow Meter, Water Supply Valve, or Assy Case Sensor?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's a good question, but I don't know if you should order those other parts or not, Samsung appliances are not popular in my area, so I don't really work on them out in the field, I'm just going by what your service manual says as well.

Here's those other parts for your model:

Jake