• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Do you notice a difference in your water bill when switching from a top loader

Kristinemomof3

Premium Member
to a more efficient front-loader? I'm just wondering if it's worth switching. We have new Fridgedaire stack washer dryer because before we moved that's all that would fit into our house. I told dh that I wanted a front loader, but this washer & dryer set works just fine. I'm wondering if I just want one because it's the thing to have, or would it really make my life better? Would the water bill be noticable?

Thanks,
Kristine

luger

Premium Member
save money

Yes, I certanly do think you will save a bundle on your heating and water bill
as the front loader uses so much less water and so much less soap than a top loader:) Maby some one else will give you some feedback hang in there
Luger

Harleyuki

Premium Member
I've had mine for more than 2 . . .

. . . years and it's what I've wanted for this water and water-heating savings! I searched this one out and am happy with my purchase. I didn't like having to take my queen sized comforter to the laundromat. (But watch out for another topic here regarding the contents of the comforter possibly coming out and damaging the water pump, also, DO NOT wash underwire bras in a front loader for the same reason - check out that comment also). My washer takes on the queen sized quilt with no trouble as well as an adult-sized sleeping bag. The tub may appear small but it holds alot. Again, I'm happy with mine.:p

TheRASGuy

Premium Member
Very happy with ours

We have the LG TROMM unit and a LG matching gas dryer - our gas bill actually went DOWN when we upgraded to the LG series since the washer spins the water out of the clean clothes so quickly the clothes are nearly dry before they hit the dryer!

Cannot comment on water as we are on well water and I have no real way to gauge water consumption BUT it certainly SEEMS like the LG uses less water as the entire tub does not fill with water - it fills about 1/3 of the way then cycles the clothes into the water as opposed to having to fill a drum with an agitator.....