• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Does my washer have bearings with grease? 110.28002010

hanly2

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I washed a blanket today, and when I pulled it out it had black grease all over it and the bottom of the washer. I pulled the agitator off and its dirty in there but idk about a blown grease seal? I also looked up the parts diagram and I see a hub assembly, but does that assembly have grease and bearings in it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, the plastic hub assembly does not have grease or bearings in it.

Did you see any grease coming out from the transmission shaft?

Jake

hanly2

Premium Member
I had already done a load to clean the washer out. Before I took it apart. Its hard to tell if the grease came from the shaft. I suppose its possible, but its not coming out now. Maybe there isnt that much in there to begin with?

The spin cycle is super loud now anyway so its probably time to replace the washer. From what I have seen, GE and Maytag make 2 of the best top loading washers. Its confusing when shopping though because of all the model numbers.

I just need a no frills washer. I see some with energy star certs that use more electric then ones without them. How does that work?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The spin cycle is super loud now anyway
That would be the gearcase(transmission) bearing that's gone bad, you'd need to replace the transmission to get the new bearing.

Here's the gearcase assembly for your model number:
W11132267 Gearcase

We recommend Maytag and Whirlpool washers, if you want the ultimate best washer get Speed Queen.:)

I see some with energy star certs that use more electric then ones without them. How does that work?
I really don't know, sorry.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's likely what happened yes.

Jake