Don't Buy Any Appliances or Appliance Parts on EBAY or AMAZON

enduser

Premium Member
I bought a Subzero 680 from thekitchensource on Ebay out of Katy TX. We had the refrigerator in storage for a couple of months until our rehab was finished. Once we installed the unit we found that the freezer was not working correctly.

We have since found out that this refrigerator was originally scrapped out by the factory. Subzero has told us that once a Subzero has been scrapped by the factory it is supposed to be destroyed and it is not allowed to be resold or sold as parts. When we spoke to Wendy and Jeremiah James (the Owners) they avoided our calls for a week until we mentioned the word attorney. Once we spoke to them they told us that Subzero was lying to us and there was nothing that they could do since it was past the 60 day warranty.

I told him that the core issue is that they sold us a refrigerator that was scrapped out and never was supposed to be sold. When I asked him who they bought it from, they told us that the paperwork that the source was supposed to be on was missing. He told me that if times were better he could do something but he could not do anything for us. I own a large internet retail business. When we have rare unhappy customers, I would never tell them that there was nothing I could do. This guy sold us a scrapped out refrigerator. When he got caught, he told us that the manufacturer was the bad guy and not him. This is one customer that will never use thekitchensource on Ebay ever again.

I got scammed out of thousands of dollars so I am hoping at the very least this will save you some money, time and stress.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats for posting that, I've been telling people for 7 yrs now to never buy any appliances or appliance parts on ebay or amazon due to the exact same thing that happened to you.

We had a member buy an ice maker from ebay for a real cheap price, and I warned him beforehand not to do it, but he did it anyways, now the ice maker he got from ebay didn't work.

We had a member that bought 3 dryer motors from ebay, and all were bad, then I told them what I always say: "NEVER EVER BUY APPLIANCES OR APPLIANCE PARTS FROM EBAY OR AMAZON" So they went ahead and purchased another dryer motor from our parts supplier here, and it worked like a champ.:)

Sorry you had that experience.

Thanks for warning others as well.

Jake

enduser

Premium Member
Thats funny that you mentioned ice maker because I bought one on EBay and they sent me the wrong one.