• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Door Release broken

Evelyn

Premium Member
I have a Litton-Aire 7000.000 microwave and the door release broke. I repaired it in a makeshift fashion (by glueing the plastic piece in the back of it) but it's not securely in place and sometimes pops off. I think the part I can use is M11D55, and the back of this part does look the same. If I get this part, how do I put it on. It seems there's a little metal piece in the groove behind the release bar and i don't know it if the new part just slips on and whether that metal piece goes above or below the latch mechanism. Please describe to me what to do, thank you. Evelyn

Last edited:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member