DPGT750GC1WW GE Harmony Dryer no power when plugged in

yousaiditman

Premium Member
Model
DPGT750GC1WW
Brand
GE
The GE Harmony gas dryer has no power when plugged in. No display, light in tub.. nada. Left it unplugged for about 30 minutes, after reading posts to leave it unplugged for a while, and still nothing when plugged back in. Power to the outlet is good, not a breaker issue. It's been working like a champ for years until this morning. Any advice, troubleshooting ideas??

Thanks in advance for any help

Mark

yousaiditman

Premium Member
thanks. I already when thru the guide and did not see anything that pertains to this issue. Can't run the screen troubleshooting without power.

yousaiditman

Premium Member
.. also it seems like the drum light working or not working is one way to isolate failures like belt, thermostat, etc, in the service manual. Drum light was working last time we used it but now its not.

yousaiditman

Premium Member
Just to make double sure, I just went to Home Depot and bought a new tub/door light and installed it. Did not light up once installed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Thanks bigbuck for posting the service manual.:)

Its possibly the inverter board that went out.

You can test and see if you have 120 volts coming into the inverter board. You will need a multimeter to volt test.

The inverter receives 120 Volts AC at the red 3-pin connector CN10. The voltage first passes through an RF choke(line filter). The RF choke filters the line voltage and is replaced as an assembly.

If 120 Volts AC is not present, check the wall outlet, power cord, and RF choke(line filter).

When 120 Volts AC is present at CN10, there should be 5 Volts DC between pin 3 (white wire) and pin 7 (blue wire) on the white connector CN11. (This voltage is used to keep the membrane and LCD display in standby, waiting for a key-press.)

Here's the inverter board for your model:
WE04X10107 Pwr/pcb Asm-Main

Here's the RF choke(line filter) for your model:
WE04X10127 Filter

Jake

yousaiditman

Premium Member
update..

So the dryer is working again for some reason. I got the tub light to work, by buying a second light and installing it, so I know I have power and can focus on some of the possible fixes in the manual.

I pulled the dryer away from the wall and replaced the dryer hose with a new semi-rigid one from Lowes, as the old one seemed to be kinked and loaded with lint. I also cleaned out he wall vent and vent inside the dryer, floor, back of the dryer, etc. My guess is it overheated due to poor ventilation and excess lint in the exhaust hose between the dryer and the wall.

I do remember a month ago that during one dry cycle the heat did not come on, but then the next time it did. I was thinking about the thermostat in the dryer, and the poor ventilation, and figure it's been running too hot. who knows, I'm guessing.

Anyway, the dryer came back to life and seems to be fine now. No error codes when I checked in the help screen.

If anyone comes across this issue, I would try clearing out the ventilation first. Also, I left it unplugged for several hours, and then plugged it back in. It did not come back to life immediately after I plugged it in, but after an hour is seemed to work again and the screen lit up.

thanks for all the responses. If it fails again, then I will probably look into replacing parts, or just put it out to pasture and buy a new one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Mark, thanks for the update!

Jake

yousaiditman

Premium Member
hmm.. so I guess it's an electrical issue after all.

Dryer died again. Light in tub comes on, but nothing at the panel or buttons. Tried to unplug over night and then plug it back in this morning.. nothing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Mark, then you'll need to have GE come out to see what's going on, or buy a non-GE dryer.

The most reliable dryers are made by Whirlpool, Maytag, and Amana.:)

Jake