DPGT750GC1WW GE Harmony Dryer wont turn on

Engineerron

Premium Member
Model Number
DPGT750GC1WW
Brand
GE
GE Harmony Dryer wont turn on, I have light in the tub area but nothing works on the control panel.

We used the dryer last night and it worked fine, we just washed towels and put them in the dryer and when I went to the touch screen to turn it on I get nothing, none of the buttons on the control panel come on, as if it has no power, but the light in the tub comes on when we open the door, any help would be appreciated....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the part you will possibly need:
WE04X10134 Display Asm-Pwr/lcd

If the inverter board failed, usually the display board and touch pad will still illuminate. When the display and touch pad goes blank or dead and if the voltage is correct at the inverter board the display and main pcb is usually the culprit. You can check the voltage going to it to be certain. On the inverter board you should have supply voltage across connector CN10 Pin-1 and Pin-3 and 5 VDC across CN11 Pin-3 and Pin-7.

If you purchase a part through a link on this site and it doesn't fix the problem, you can return it for a refund less shipping.

Jake

Engineerron

Premium Member
Ok here is what happened, when I pushed on the screen nothing happened, then I tried every button and got nothing, I unplugged it for 10 minutes then plugged it in and tried it again and got the same results, I then checked to make sure the outlet had power and it does, so I left it, then my when wife came home which was 2 hours later, she pushed on the same screen and the machine came on!!!!!!!! BTW all the while I was checking it when I opened the dryer door the light would come on! How strange is that!?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, can we blame it on the cold weather you all are getting there in New Jersey? Is the machine inside or outside?

Jake

Engineerron

Premium Member
it's inside in my laundry room which is heated......and my house is only 30 years old........I never seen anything like this happen.....But yes it was very cold, but not where my laundry is......

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then it's very odd it went out.

Check all your wiring connections to it and make sure they are all tight.

Jake

Chris Mcclaskey

Premium Member
Having same issue. I've checked the input for 230V its good. Occasionally unplugging it and plugging it back in would bring it back to life but not anymore. Sometimes it's just dead, and sometimes it would power on but the display screen wouldn't come on. You could hear the corresponding beeps when pressing home, or cycles, or other front panel buttons, but, without the touchscreen working you couldn't do anything else or select a cycle.

So first assumption was bad touch panel. Ordered a working used one from ebay (P/N 3850EA4011a) installed it... no dice. Same totally-dead behaviour, light on in drum, no power-on or response from any buttons.

Soooo. Second assumption, bad main control board. Ordered another used / refurbished one from ebay (P/N 6870EC9075A). Got it and installed it, same condition, totally dead.

So im now at a loss. Is there anything else that could be causing this type of behaviour?

Chris Mcclaskey

Premium Member
also opened the main PCb box to check the above mentioned pins. i read 120VAC at CN10 pins 1 & 3 and 4.5-5VDC at CN11 pin 3(-) and pin 7(+) measured at the connector on the main pcb. Both the refurb and my original read the same. put my old (original pcb) back in and remarkably everything powered up. All seemed normal but after pressing power again to turn it off it wouldn't power back on. Tried and tried checking connections, jiggling wires, it powered on one more time then went back to dead. it has never cut off on it's own after powering on, and it doesn't loose power during cycles, only when it's been turned off either manually or after the cycle has ended. Seems like maybe a power-on relay of some sort is going bad. Maybe??? I'm also wondering if maybe I got another bad pcb from ebay. I mean looking at the google search results this looks like a common problem so the guy on ebay might have been lying that he knows the board to be good. I cant say how to test it. been out of a dryer for like 2 weeks now, I'm close to just going to buy a new dryer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I mean looking at the google search results this looks like a common problem so the guy on ebay might have been lying that he knows the board to be good.
Any site that isn't regulated for part quality and control I would not trust, especially when it comes to circuit board parts.

I'm close to just going to buy a new dryer.
GE has had many issues with ALL their appliances ever since they were bought out by Haier. In 2016, Haier Group acquired GE Appliances.

Haier is a China owned company and China does not know how to make reliable appliances. I recommend folks stay far away from GE now.

I recommend Maytag, Whirlpool, Amana, Roper, Estate, Speed Queen.

Jake

JAWlin

We have been having the same issue intermittently. Read all the post and followed through on each suggestion with no luck. We then disconnected the green ribbon wire that powers the buttons. Tapped the LCD screen and it lit up. Choose the dry cycle, plugged the green ribbon wire back in and pressed the start button and it worked.