• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Drain hose dimensions for Danby DDW497W portable

ChesterField

Model Number
DDW497W
Brand
Hi there,

I have a Danby DDW497W portable dishwasher that has a broken drain hose, I over tightened the plastic nut and it broke :wall:. I'm trying to create a replacement hose because the OEM ones aren't very good quality. The biggest problem I'm having right now is trying to find a replacement 90 degree elbow, the drain port that comes from the dishwasher is about 3/4" in width and has, what appears to be 13 threads in 11/16ths of an inch. I've been looking around at hardware and plumbing supply places but I seem to be getting some conflicting info; the best fitting male adapter seems to be 1/2" (not 3/4") -- keep in mind I'm taking my broken nut to the store and trying it on with male threaded pieces, what I'd really like a female elbow but the sizing needs to be right first.

I've included some pictures that I hope might explain a bit more. I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction regarding measuring the thread properly. Maybe this question is better suited to a plumbing forum instead :)

drain port length.jpg
drain port width.jpg

Thanks,

Chester