Dreaded E68 error and result of test sequence. What does it all mean??

ewidgren

Premium Member
Model Number
AGQ6700FS0
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi,

I've been getting the dreaded E68 error intermittently over the last several months. I did some research on it about 2 months ago which led me to thoroughly clean out the vent hose and lint filter and check the contacts. It worked for the most part - I don't do alot of laundry and only occasionally got the error.

This week the error is coming up every time I try to use the dryer, so I've again done a through clean out and check of the contacts. No luck. Did some more reading on the forums and pulled out the control board and checked the buttons and contacts and reseated the connectors. Again no luck.

I downloaded the appropriate function test sequence and have run through it 3 times now and the results are the same every time, but I don't know what the results mean and I'm hoping someone can help me determine if I should replace the control board, the thermister or what??

The results of the function test sequence are normal up to "3 turns". The LEDs keep switching between "more dry" and "normal" and the digital display switches between random alpha-numerics.

When opening the door and continuing the test it behaves as expected (i.e. the dampness sensor works, etc). Moving on to "4 turns" all is normal except that all the dryness level LEDs are lit throughout the key test.

I'd appreciate any help diagnosing the problem and the parts that I should replace (if indeed it is something I can do).
Thanks so very much for being here!

Essie in NC

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

E68 - One of the keys (buttons) is stuck closed (active)

Carefully free the button and perform the test again. If button is free but the key struck code still exists, replace electronic control.

Main-Control-Board-134557201--00668515.jpg Control board Manufacturer Number 134557201

jeff.

ewidgren

Premium Member
Thanks Jeff, but I was wondering if the diagnostic result indicated that it might be something other than the the control board. As I said, I've checked the buttons and contacts, etc and run all the diagnostics but not sure how to interpret the results.

I can replace the control board easily enough, I think, but if there's a less expensive component that can be replaced that will fix the problem I'd prefer to go that route.

Thanks again for your input!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, only cure I know for an E68 is to unstuck a button or replace the control.

jeff.