• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Dryer Crosley CEDX631VQ1 - Push button no start

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Mark, so the thermal fuse is good?

Your getting 240 volts between the outer 2 terminal block wires where the main power cord connects to in the back of the dryer?

Have you ohm tested the door switch yet?

Have you ohm tested the Push-to-Start switch yet?

Do you hear any sound at all when you push the start button?

If the thermal fuse, door switch, Push-to-Start switch are all good, and you hear NO SOUND when you start the dryer, READ BELOW.

Do you have the tech. data sheet wiring diagram handy? You will need it.

Look here: FIXED No power to dryer at all Jeff said this in Post #7:

Wire diagram has the info, I found one that should be very close online. Shows LBU ( light blue ) goes to the dryer motor. Main feed into the timer is black....looks like terminals C to B. Leave the black in place and pull off the light blue and connect to the black with the black still in place.

Be very carefull!! Bypassing stuff is for testing ONLY!

Make sure you unplug the dryer before touching the wires!

Here's the timer for your model you can order if needed:
WPW10185972 Timer

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Mark Niswander

Premium Member
Everything check ok.Only this left motor I check 4 and and 5 goes up to 3 and back to 001 same with 4 and hard read look like 9 or 6 goes up then back down to 001.Then tested each terminal put 1 probe on and 1 to frame nothing moves or shows on all of them.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't quite understand what you just said.

Lets make this a little easier.:)

A test to see if motor is any good, hook up a test cord to terminals 4 & 5 on the motor, plug into a 120 volt outlet to see if the motor will run. If motor runs, the trouble is the timer.

You can buy a test(cheater) cord here:
Test Cord - 120 Volt With Alligator Clips

Here's the motor for your model you can order here if needed:
Drive Motor 279827 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake

Mark Niswander

Premium Member
I ran the test to 4 and 5 and motor work.I order new timer still will not come on.I ran then test cord from blue wire on timer and other to start button white and red wire nothing.I ran test on both timer motors unplug shows 12 on both motors.I can hear motor run turn it to timed dry.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I ran test on both timer motors unplug shows 12 on both motors.I can hear motor run turn it to timed dry.

12 what?

You can hear what motor run? The timer motor? Or main dryer motor?

Have you ohm tested the Push-to-Start switch yet?

Now lets test the push-to-start switch.

Unplug the dryer first, Take 1 wire off the push-to-start switch before ohm testing it for continuity, doesn't matter which one.

With the button pushed in, it should have continuity, with the button out, it shouldn't have continuity.

Here's the push-to-start switch for your model you can order:
Start Switch WP3977456

When you click the part link to the push-to-start switch you will see two videos, one on how to access it, the other on how to ohm test it.:)

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If the push-to-start switch is good, check for a pinched wire or loose wire connector somewhere between the motor switch 6M terminal and the push to start switch or between the door switch and the push to start switch, thats basically all it could be now.

Jake