Dryer error code E61 after replacing heating element

KR23

Premium Member
Model
FASE7073LW0
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi all, I have a Fridgidaire Affinity Dryer FASE7073LW0 that was originally getting error code 64 I believe. I replaced the heating element (old one did have broken coils), put it all back together, then got E61 error after running for only a few minutes. Tried to do some research and found it might be the relay or high limit thermostat on the heating element, so I bought those and changed them also. I'm not an electrician, so not that knowledgeable about testing components. I know there is 1 more relay on the other side of the vent tht I was thinking about changing next, but I'd really like to get a better idea if I'm on the right track. Any ideas? I feel like just getting a new dryer instead of all this hassle.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Tried to do some research and found it might be the relay or high limit thermostat on the heating element
E61
Heater Relay failure
Heater relay stuck open or closed; Wiring defective
Check for short circuit across heater relay(s) (RL5, RL6, RL7) or L1 applied to heater relay output(s) (J5-2, J7-1, J7-3) with cycle stopped. Check for open circuit between L1 and heater relay connection(s) (J5-1, J5-3, J7-2). If no wiring problems are found, replace Electronic Control Board and retest.

You already replaced the control??

Main-Control-Board-137249940-01717934.jpg LINK> Main electronic control assembly

jeff.

KR23

Premium Member
Affinity Dryer E61

Yes, I replaced the 2 controls that are mounted on the heating element and the heating element. Are you saying I should try to replace the other relay that is on the far side of the vent ?

jeff1

Staff member
Relays are only on the board(s).....you mean thermostats??

jeff.

KR23

Premium Member
Well I really have no idea, that's why I'm asking. I know there is some sort of sensor or something on the far side of the vent that I was thinking about replacing. What do you suggest? I really need to get this working, wife is nagging like crazy!

jeff1

Staff member
R1006143-00004.jpg #15 is a thermistor/thermostat.
Place one of each of the probes from the meter on each terminal of thermistor. With the thermistor at room temperature, the thermistor should read approximately 50-53k ohms.

134587700bad.jpg

R1006143-00005.jpg #8 and #33 are thermostats.

[video=youtube;3nicyh6EUHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3nicyh6EUHc[/video]

[video=youtube;WJB8Y2tjYks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WJB8Y2tjYks[/video]

What do you suggest?
Testing the above.

I really need to get this working, wife is nagging like crazy!
LOL

jeff.

KR23

Premium Member
Jeff thanks for your reply. I have definitely replaced the High Limit thermostat that is on the heating element. I assume you are saying there is another one on the vent based on the diagram you showed. Where is that Thermal Fuse located?

jeff1

Staff member
I assume you are saying there is another one on the vent based on the diagram you showed. Where is that Thermal Fuse located?
Operating thermostat/thermistor is on the fan blower. Thermal fuse is beside the high limit/safety thermostat.

jeff.