• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Dryer giving PF code and an F30 in diagnostic mode

KandyAngel

Premium Member
Model Number
MED6400TQ0
Brand
Maytag
Dryer quit working during a dry cycle and gave a PF code. Turned it back on and it worked. Next day went to dry and pushed power, all lights came on correctly, picked my settings, and pushed start and a small buzz type beep happens with code PF. Unplugged, didnt work. Waited a day and it worked for 2 cycles. Now its been 2 days and nothing but pf. I opened the top control panel checked all connections and dusted. No dice. I opened up the back and cleaned, checked connections, and dusted. No dice. Can anyone tell me where to go from here. Another diagnostic I can run, a part I can replace, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all that reply.:wall:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
PF is displayed if there was a power failure while the dryer was running and related to the F30 error code. F30 is restricted airflow. Most of the time it's due to a blocked vent or vent hose. Try a load with the vent hose disconnected from the machine and see if that makes a difference.

KandyAngel

Premium Member
PF is displayed if there was a power failure while the dryer was running and related to the F30 error code. F30 is restricted airflow. Most of the time it's due to a blocked vent or vent hose. Try a load with the vent hose disconnected from the machine and see if that makes a difference.
I did and I opened the back and completely cleaned the inside of the dryer and the Lint trap. I removed the vent and tested. PF again. I cleaned it out, checked the wiring, and tested. PF again. This really stinks :(. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it very much.