dryer wont heat up or shut off

kittkatt

Premium Member
Model Number
LER4634PQ0
Brand
Whirlpool
my dryer wont stop on it's own in timed dry or auto dry. And the timer knob doesn't move in air fluff? And its not getting hot ( I know no heat is used in air fluff). My question is, is it timer or heating coil? or both? I do not have an ohm tester, is there a way to check the problem?

Thank you

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Certainly -sounds- like two issues....timer for not moving/advancing in any cycles and what ever is needed for the no heat problem.

Q - My electric dryer runs but will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating ?A- Things that could stop a electric dryer from heating:
- house fuse or breaker ( needs 2! )... - heating element ... - burnt wire ... - thermostats ... thermal fuse ( not all models )... - motor heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - burnt power cord/plug ...

I do not have an ohm tester
Not completely...
Test With Ohmmeter | Appliance Aid

Timer-8299778-00643197.jpg Timer Manufacturer Number 8299778

jeff.

kittkatt

Premium Member
I'm sorry let me clarify, The knob will advance in the timed dry and in the auto dry but it didn't move in air fluff. In the timed and auto dry cycle it runs all the way to the end of the cycle "cool down" but doesn't stop from there. It was doing just fine yesterday but this morning is when my issues started.

kittkatt

Premium Member
Thank you for your help but I found the problem! It's the heating element! I got crazy with it and opened up my dryer and found the heating element and one of the coils is broke! Thank you for inspiring me to get my "fix it" on :)

jeff1

Staff member
Timer won't advance on auto dry without the heat working...good catch! :)

jeff.

medusa

Hi kittkatt,

I have the same dryer and the same problem. Can you recommend where to get the heating element online?

Thanks!

jeff1

Staff member