FIXED DSXH43EA0WW GE Dryer Too Hot

Hottech

Premium Member
Model Number
DSXH43EA0WW
Brand
GE
My Ge dryer model # DSXH43EA0WW manufacture date 2001 runs so hot that you can not touch the top of the dryer, paint actually blistered. Replaced both thermostats the one in the back and the one in the front blower but no change. Took out the heater element and it looks fine and tested with Ohm meter and has continuity. I removed the ground wire and then there is no heat so I am thinking maybe it is a sagging coil that grounds out when heated up. A heating element is too expensive for me at least a OEM GE element # WE14X10015 but I can get a Frigidaire element for $50. Can I go cheap they look identical. My other choice is to try restringing an element, can you suggest a suppler. I have read some horror stories of cheap replacements.

Hottech

Premium Member
Pulled old heating element out and made sure no coils were touching housing. Put everything back together and unit is still too hot to handle. Would appreciate any advice.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You replaced your control thermostat?

Here's the control thermostat for your model:
WE04X10028 Thermostat-Control

If so, put your dryer on AIR DRY/NO HEAT and see if it still gets hot.

I removed the ground wire
What ground where? There is no ground wire on the heating element housing.

Jake

Hottech

Premium Member
There was a short green wire that attached to the wall of the dryer and to the heater element housing.
When I removed it the dryer would no longer get hot. Reattached it and heat works but too hot. Called a service Tech and he insisted that 95% of the time it was a clogged dryer vent. I thought I cleaned it out but when I went under the house I found 10 feet of flex pipe and four elbows that were filled with lint. Removed all flex pipe and dryer is now working. Chasing a lot of rabbit holes and thinking too hard for a simple fix. Appreciate the forum, will keep in touch.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, vent restrictions will cause overheating.

Glad to hear your back in business again.

Jake