• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

DU1030XTXT0 Whirlpool Quiet Partner I keeps dying

Lyndon

Premium Member
Model Number
DU1030XTXT0
Brand
Whirlpool
Dishwasher has run with no problems until recently. Thermal fuse blew. Replaced it, it run for a few days and then the board fried. Replaced the board and the water drain pump.

Run an onboard diagnostics and no problems found. Run for a few days and the fuse went again.

I replaced the water drain pump because the schematic says it should have 15-19 ohms of resistance but it was reading 23. When I took it out I determined it was an aftermarket pump. Purchased an OEM pump but resistance was 32 ohms. Put it in anyway.

It is now dead again (no lights). The only other factor I could see is we changed from a tank water heater to on demand heater. Could it be possible the water is not heating fast enough, and if so is there a fix for this. Each time the washer has died it has always been mid cycle, not at the beginning. We also try to run hot water to the faucet before starting it.

What are the possible problems? If it is the new water heater perhaps there isn't a solution other than a new dishwasher.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You have to replace the thermal fuse with the new one that comes in the kit with the new wires, you must install the new wires that come with the thermal fuse kit, or it will keep going out forever.:)

Here it is for your model(Video Included in part link)
W10258275 Thermal Fuse

Did you already replace it with this kit and replace the wires that came with it as well?

If so, how hot is the water coming into the machine?

Jake

Lyndon

Premium Member
I have replace the wires as well. I followed the instructions that came with the fuse.

I can't really determine the temp of the incoming water, but I am leaning towards thinking my newly installed Rinnai tankless heater won't kick on at the lower flow rates for the dishwasher. The dishwasher works fine at first but the failure always happens mid cycle. I am thinking it works at the start when we run hot water through the taps first, but when the rinse cycle changes the water and it doesn't have the opportunity to start with warm water it can't heat it up and blows the thermal fuse.

I may have to look at a different dishwasher that will work with a tank-less heater or install a supplemental external electric heater.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The thermal fuse can't blow for low water temperature, only high water temperature.:)

Jake

Lyndon

Premium Member
The thermal fuse can't blow for low water temperature, only high water temperature.:)

Jake
Water is coming out of the faucet at 100 degrees it takes at least 30 seconds for the water to start warming and about 45 seconds to reach 100 because of the distance to the heater.

It would seem it is related to the new tankless heater as the problem started as soon as we swapped out the tank heaters. My thought is the flow rate is to low for the tankless heater to heat the water. The dishwasher has a heating element in the bottom but if the purpose of the element is to keep the water temperature up during a cycle it could be it is always having to work to hard to heat the water from room temp. rather than being used to maintain the heat. I don't know, that is my theory.

What I do know is the dishwasher worked fine until I went tankless.

The first time it went, it burnt a thermal fuse. I replaced it.

The second time it fried the circuit board, but the thermal fuse remained in tact.

It has now stopped a third time, I have not checked but I suspect the fuse or board went again.

My assumption is that the water is too cold and the dishwasher can not handle the power requirements to heat it. But you are saying the opposite, that it is blowing the fuse because the water is too hot. It has to be another reason as 100 degree water can't be too hot. The tank is turned almost as low as it will go at 110 degrees.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You may be right.

I've never seen a dishwasher supplied by a tankless water heater.

Jake