• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED DU1055XTVD0 Whirlpool quiet partner II dishwasher will never get past the soaking stage.

zbyrd08

Premium Member
Model Number
DU1055XTVD0
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a whirlpool quiet partner II.
Model No. DU1055XTVD0
When trying to start a wash the dishwasher seems to start fine but never proceeds past the soaking stage.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What does the dishwasher do when its stuck there? Does the time keep counting down? Or stays the same?

Can you press Cancel and it drains fine?

What about other cycles? Do they run through or not?

Jake

zbyrd08

Premium Member
I will check all of that today so I can give a for sure answer. But I’m pretty sure that it stays there until we go in there cut it off because it has stayed like that up to 40 mins.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, let us know for sure.:)

Jake

zbyrd08

Premium Member
I started it without anything in it and it started fine and filled with water and sounded like it was doing fine. Then it just stops and never shows anything different. The “sensing” light never makes it past soaking and just freezes there.

I can hit cancel and it drains fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, this model dishwasher can run up to 3 1/2 hours depending on soil level, water temperature, cycles and options.

Has it run longer the 3 1/2 hours?

If you do a Rinse Only cycle does it run through it fine?

Its possible the water is heating up during that soak stage and that stops it from continuing until the water gets hot enough to continue on. That's why I always tell me customers to run the hot water at the sink just before starting the dishwasher.

Jake

zbyrd08

Premium Member
I have only ran it about an hour. If the light didn’t ever go past soaking from the sensing I would cut it off. You are saying I need to run it that long even if it doesn’t move past there?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's what the owners manual says.

The heating element could be heating the water when its in the soak position and it will take awhile. That's why I mentioned this--->Its possible the water is heating up during that soak stage and that stops it from continuing until the water gets hot enough to continue on. That's why I always tell me customers to run the hot water at the sink just before starting the dishwasher.

You didn't answer my other question--->If you do a Rinse Only cycle does it run through it fine?

Jake

Frankie1999

Premium Member
Hi I have the exact same symptoms. Whirlpool quiet partner II dishwasher stuck at soaking stage. I hit cancel and it drains fine. Rinse only works great. Any ideas to troubleshoot further? Thanks,

Frankie

Frankie1999

Premium Member
As a follow up to above, I just ran the normal cycle again and it is stuck on soaking. I opened the door and found that the water is only slightly warm. However, the water level is below the heating element. Weird, I think.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@zbyrd08 never answered me, so I don't know.

Do you have the same exact model: DU1055XTVD0 ?

If you do a Rinse Only cycle does it run through it fine?

Jake

Frankie1999

Premium Member
Oh thanks so much for trying to help.

The model number is almost the same as the other person's. Mine is DU1055XTVD1

Yes I ran the Rinse Only Cycle and it ran fine.

It's not exactly stuck on soaking when run in Normal model. Every 15 minutes or so it turns on the sprayer (not sure of the correct technical word). It just never leaves the soaking mode and when I open the door, the water is barely warm.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks! I'm attaching the tech data sheet for your model below. On page 2 read where it says--->PROBLEM: Long Cycles and/or Stuck in Certain Part of Cycle

Its very important to run the hot water at your sink first before you start your dishwasher, otherwise your first fill will be cold water, especially if your water heater is a long way from the dishwasher.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10130990 .pdf
    363 KB · Views: 31

Frankie1999

Premium Member
1617747831752.png

OK I changed 2 things at once so I don't know which one fixed it. I toggled off the "Soak & Scour" button and then I also ran hot water in the sink before starting the normal cycle as you recommended. However it is fixed! Thank you so much.

Frankie1999

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Frankie1999.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake